(Our post has clips from two 1950s musicals. Plug in your headphones or turn your computer up loud to enjoy the songs-of-the-day.) Cover image. Marilyn Monroe, 1952. Bang on trend! Think Pink! sang the cast of Funny Face, the 1957 film starring Audrey Hepburn and Fred Astaire. Hepburn was what we’d now call an ‘Influencer’ […]
Join Us On Facebook
- Social History: Husband of Amy Johnson Jim Mollison the Flying Scotsman Commemorated in Surbiton Surrey
- 75 Years Since the D-Day Landings – We Remember the Legacy of WW2 Today
- Fashion History: The Silk Route – Secret WW2 Escape and Evade Maps Used To Make Clothes
- Fashion History: Think Pink! The Colour of the 1950s
- Books: Miriam Bibbero Johnson, A Biography of Hull’s Actress Entertainer.
- Guess The Year With Our Fashion History Game !
- S.O.S. Give Your Memories Of Hull’s Co-Op BHS and 3 Ships Mural to SAVE OUR SHIPS!
- Retail History: We Remember Edwin Davis on Bond Street Hull
Fashion Illustration: 1951 Mirelle Dress