Wedding dress styles change more slowly than everyday fashion. These three outfits show that style responded dramatically to social changes between the beginning of the 50s and the end. The first, from an article in the Hull Daily Mail of 1951, reintroduces the idea of a long white wedding dress to the public after the austerity […]
Join Us On Facebook
- Fashion History: Researching the House of Mirelle Clothing Collection – A Frank Usher Late 1960s Dress
- Social History: Husband of Amy Johnson Jim Mollison the Flying Scotsman Commemorated in Surbiton Surrey
- 75 Years Since the D-Day Landings – We Remember the Legacy of WW2 Today
- Fashion History: The Silk Route – Secret WW2 Escape and Evade Maps Used To Make Clothes
- Fashion History: Think Pink! The Colour of the 1950s
- Books: Miriam Bibbero Johnson, A Biography of Hull’s Actress Entertainer.
- Guess The Year With Our Fashion History Game !
- S.O.S. Give Your Memories Of Hull’s Co-Op BHS and 3 Ships Mural to SAVE OUR SHIPS!
Fashion Illustration: 1951 Mirelle Dress