Listen to the interview on BBC Radio Humberside breakfast show here – click on ‘listen in browser’ if you do not have SoundCloud: Do you recognise this wedding dress? Throughout the youth-quake of the 1950s Hull newspapers ran adverts selling tickets to emigrate to Australia; the cost of the ticket to this brand new life […]
Join Us On Facebook
- Book Review: Life In Hull From Then Till Now by Kay Pearson: A Fascinating Look Back on Women’s Lives.
- Historic Hammonds, Hull’s Iconic Department Store
- Performance: “Betty” At Harrogate Theatre 7th April: Revealing The Woman Behind Dementia’s Mask
- Free e-Book: Storing Vintage Clothing: A Guide To Keeping Vintage Items In Your Home
- Oral History: Witness2Fashion’s Memory Of Using Treadle Sewing Machines
- Hull Fashion History: What Was Great About 1978!
- Public Talks: House Of Mirelle At Hull History Centre 14th November 2017 12:30 to 1:30
- Fashion Illustration: Watch The Film Drawing The 1940s to 1950s House Of Mirelle Evening Gown
- Sewing Archaeology: Deconstructing Clothes To Learn More About Them
- Fashion History: Mr Mintz of Linda Leigh Designs For The Fuller Figure
Fashion Illustration: 1951 Mirelle Dress