This advert for Edwin Davis in the Hull Packet newspaper of summer 1859 is barely recognisable in comparison with fashion advertising we know today. In today’s world, glossy magazines and TV adverts are part of a global industry with an estimated worth of over 3 trillon dollars. In this high stakes, highly competitive market it is […]
Join Us On Facebook
- Book Review: Life In Hull From Then Till Now by Kay Pearson: A Fascinating Look Back on Women’s Lives.
- Historic Hammonds, Hull’s Iconic Department Store
- Performance: “Betty” At Harrogate Theatre 7th April: Revealing The Woman Behind Dementia’s Mask
- Free e-Book: Storing Vintage Clothing: A Guide To Keeping Vintage Items In Your Home
- Oral History: Witness2Fashion’s Memory Of Using Treadle Sewing Machines
- Hull Fashion History: What Was Great About 1978!
- Public Talks: House Of Mirelle At Hull History Centre 14th November 2017 12:30 to 1:30
- Fashion Illustration: Watch The Film Drawing The 1940s to 1950s House Of Mirelle Evening Gown
- Sewing Archaeology: Deconstructing Clothes To Learn More About Them
- Fashion History: Mr Mintz of Linda Leigh Designs For The Fuller Figure
Fashion Illustration: 1951 Mirelle Dress