This advert for Edwin Davis in the Hull Packet newspaper of summer 1859 is barely recognisable in comparison with fashion advertising we know today. In today’s world, glossy magazines and TV adverts are part of a global industry with an estimated worth of over 3 trillon dollars. In this high stakes, highly competitive market it is […]
Join Us On Facebook
- Hull History: The House of Mirelle an Introduction. A Guide For You To Read and Share.
- Fashion History: Girls Girls Girls Shows Life as a Model in the Early 1960s
- Fashion History: What’s a Workroom? An Introduction For Non-Sewers
- Exhibition Review: Mary Quant at the V&A Surprises, Bright Colours and Unapologetic Mass Production All The Way
- Hull History: The 1950s and 1960s were Glamorous Times at the New York Hotel
- Before the Xmas Sweater: Christmas Fashion and Happy Hull-idays Past
- Fashion History: Charles Worth, IncSoc and the Legacy Of Couture.
- Fashion History: 1970s Brightly Coloured Elka Couture Dress
Fashion Illustration: 1951 Mirelle Dress