Social media is a powerful thing and the Hull History Facebook pages are no exception, particularly for community action. Jane Hitchin started a post on the Facebook page Old Hull about saving a building that’s been on Hull’s skyline since the 19th century; the Hull Braves’ Guild. The picture at the top was of a wonderful […]
Join Us On Facebook
- Review: BBC2s Back In Time for the Factory Returns To Womens Working Life in 1968
- Book Review: Life In Hull From Then Till Now by Kay Pearson: A Fascinating Look Back on Women’s Lives.
- Historic Hammonds, Hull’s Iconic Department Store
- Performance: “Betty” At Harrogate Theatre 7th April: Revealing The Woman Behind Dementia’s Mask
- Oral History: Witness2Fashion’s Memory Of Using Treadle Sewing Machines
- Hull Fashion History: What Was Great About 1978!
- Public Talks: House Of Mirelle At Hull History Centre 14th November 2017 12:30 to 1:30
- Fashion Illustration: Watch The Film Drawing The 1940s to 1950s House Of Mirelle Evening Gown
- Sewing Archaeology: Deconstructing Clothes To Learn More About Them
- Fashion History: Mr Mintz of Linda Leigh Designs For The Fuller Figure
Fashion Illustration: 1951 Mirelle Dress