World War II was a time of extaordinary hardship at home and abroad, millions fighting against Axis forces across the world. But it was also a time of great ingenuity, no more so when the British Government equipped men to do their jobs by using maps printed on silk. Woven by silkworms the sheer fabric […]
Join Us On Facebook
- Fashion History: The Silk Route – Secret WW2 Escape and Evade Maps Used To Make Clothes
- Fashion History: Think Pink! The Colour of the 1950s
- Books: Miriam Bibbero Johnson, A Biography of Hull’s Actress Entertainer.
- Guess The Year With Our Fashion History Game !
- S.O.S. Give Your Memories Of Hull’s Co-Op BHS and 3 Ships Mural to SAVE OUR SHIPS!
- Retail History: We Remember Edwin Davis on Bond Street Hull
- Fashion History: Modelling in Hull between 1930s and 1950s and Modelling Today
- Designing History: Sandy Powell’s Costumes and Material Culture in The Favourite
Fashion Illustration: 1951 Mirelle Dress