World War II was a time of extaordinary hardship at home and abroad, millions fighting against Axis forces across the world. But it was also a time of great ingenuity, no more so when the British Government equipped men to do their jobs by using maps printed on silk. Woven by silkworms the sheer fabric […]
Join Us On Facebook
- Fashion History: Charles Worth, IncSoc and the Legacy Of Couture.
- Fashion History: 1970s Brightly Coloured Elka Couture Dress
- Fashion History: Researching the House of Mirelle Clothing Collection – A Frank Usher Late 1960s Dress
- Social History: Husband of Amy Johnson Jim Mollison the Flying Scotsman Commemorated in Surbiton Surrey
- 75 Years Since the D-Day Landings – We Remember the Legacy of WW2 Today
- Fashion History: The Silk Route – Secret WW2 Escape and Evade Maps Used To Make Clothes
- Fashion History: Think Pink! The Colour of the 1950s
- Books: Miriam Bibbero Johnson, A Biography of Hull’s Actress Entertainer.
Fashion Illustration: 1951 Mirelle Dress