The House of Mirelle was owned and run by women so it seems right to tell you about our first publication on International Women’s Day. Mira – pronounced Mirra – was an extraordinary woman famous in her own right before setting up and running Hull’s famous fashion house. An actress-entertainer she became a star on […]
Join Us On Facebook
- Hull History: The House of Mirelle an Introduction. A Guide For You To Read and Share.
- Fashion History: Girls Girls Girls Shows Life as a Model in the Early 1960s
- Fashion History: What’s a Workroom? An Introduction For Non-Sewers
- Exhibition Review: Mary Quant at the V&A Surprises, Bright Colours and Unapologetic Mass Production All The Way
- Hull History: The 1950s and 1960s were Glamorous Times at the New York Hotel
- Before the Xmas Sweater: Christmas Fashion and Happy Hull-idays Past
- Fashion History: Charles Worth, IncSoc and the Legacy Of Couture.
- Fashion History: 1970s Brightly Coloured Elka Couture Dress
Fashion Illustration: 1951 Mirelle Dress