Anne Kettley talks of her mother’s dressmaking skills with pride: “she didn’t know how to do anything else,” she explains, “but working at the House Of Mirelle must have been the start of it all.” “She couldn’t do embroidery, knitting or tapestry, all she could do was designing and making clothes. “We never had to […]
Join Us On Facebook
- Fashion History: Researching the House of Mirelle Clothing Collection – A Frank Usher Late 1960s Dress
- Social History: Husband of Amy Johnson Jim Mollison the Flying Scotsman Commemorated in Surbiton Surrey
- 75 Years Since the D-Day Landings – We Remember the Legacy of WW2 Today
- Fashion History: The Silk Route – Secret WW2 Escape and Evade Maps Used To Make Clothes
- Fashion History: Think Pink! The Colour of the 1950s
- Books: Miriam Bibbero Johnson, A Biography of Hull’s Actress Entertainer.
- Guess The Year With Our Fashion History Game !
- S.O.S. Give Your Memories Of Hull’s Co-Op BHS and 3 Ships Mural to SAVE OUR SHIPS!
Fashion Illustration: 1951 Mirelle Dress