Coltman Street runs at right angles from Hull’s Hessle Road up to the other running west from the city centre, Anlaby Road. In days past Hessle Road thrived, fuelled by shipping and fishing in the UK’s third port but the Cod Wars of the 1960s and 70s ran the area to ground, town planning eventually taking […]
Join Us On Facebook
- Hull History: The House of Mirelle an Introduction. A Guide For You To Read and Share.
- Fashion History: Girls Girls Girls Shows Life as a Model in the Early 1960s
- Fashion History: What’s a Workroom? An Introduction For Non-Sewers
- Exhibition Review: Mary Quant at the V&A Surprises, Bright Colours and Unapologetic Mass Production All The Way
- Hull History: The 1950s and 1960s were Glamorous Times at the New York Hotel
- Before the Xmas Sweater: Christmas Fashion and Happy Hull-idays Past
- Fashion History: Charles Worth, IncSoc and the Legacy Of Couture.
- Fashion History: 1970s Brightly Coloured Elka Couture Dress
Fashion Illustration: 1951 Mirelle Dress