How curvy ladies were designed for in Fashion History …. The commentator of this British Pathe film points out that it’s nice to see women who aren’t entirely sylph like on the catwalk. 1950s Fashion You would be forgiven for thinking that fashion of the 1950s was all about slender lines, but Mr Mintz designed […]
Join Us On Facebook
- Review: BBC2s Back In Time for the Factory Returns To Womens Working Life in 1968
- Book Review: Life In Hull From Then Till Now by Kay Pearson: A Fascinating Look Back on Women’s Lives.
- Historic Hammonds, Hull’s Iconic Department Store
- Performance: “Betty” At Harrogate Theatre 7th April: Revealing The Woman Behind Dementia’s Mask
- Oral History: Witness2Fashion’s Memory Of Using Treadle Sewing Machines
- Hull Fashion History: What Was Great About 1978!
- Public Talks: House Of Mirelle At Hull History Centre 14th November 2017 12:30 to 1:30
- Fashion Illustration: Watch The Film Drawing The 1940s to 1950s House Of Mirelle Evening Gown
- Sewing Archaeology: Deconstructing Clothes To Learn More About Them
- Fashion History: Mr Mintz of Linda Leigh Designs For The Fuller Figure
Fashion Illustration: 1951 Mirelle Dress