The bodice: it’s constructed with a circular neckband stitched at the shoulder. The heavily draped bodice is gathered into it at the neck, left open at the side seam and draped into the waistband at the front and back. The neckband and side seams are machine stitched.
Join Us On Facebook
- S.O.S. Give Your Memories Of Hull’s Co-Op BHS and 3 Ships Mural to SAVE OUR SHIPS!
- Retail History: We Remember Edwin Davis on Bond Street Hull
- Fashion History: Modelling in Hull between 1930s and 1950s and Modelling Today
- Designing History: Sandy Powell’s Costumes and Material Culture in The Favourite
- If Walls Could Talk – 114 Coltman Street Tells Us The Story of Hull’s Charitable Past
- 1969 Bunty Annual: The Story of Dressmaking and Sewing In the Classroom
- Sew Retro: Princess Eugenie’s Wedding Dress Something Borrowed From The 1950s in Inspiration
- Review: BBC2s Back In Time for the Factory Returns To Womens Working Life in 1968
Fashion Illustration: 1951 Mirelle Dress