The bodice: it’s constructed with a circular neckband stitched at the shoulder. The heavily draped bodice is gathered into it at the neck, left open at the side seam and draped into the waistband at the front and back. The neckband and side seams are machine stitched.
Join Us On Facebook
- 1969 Bunty Annual: The Story of Dressmaking and Sewing In the Classroom
- Sew Retro: Princess Eugenie’s Wedding Dress Something Borrowed From The 1950s in Inspiration
- Review: BBC2s Back In Time for the Factory Returns To Womens Working Life in 1968
- Book Review: Life In Hull From Then Till Now by Kay Pearson: A Fascinating Look Back on Women’s Lives.
- Historic Hammonds, Hull’s Iconic Department Store
- Performance: “Betty” At Harrogate Theatre 7th April: Revealing The Woman Behind Dementia’s Mask
- Oral History: Witness2Fashion’s Memory Of Using Treadle Sewing Machines
- Hull Fashion History: What Was Great About 1978!
Fashion Illustration: 1951 Mirelle Dress