A colour advert from 1956 from the fashion label Doree Leventhal. The model is wearing a sleeveless black gown with bows on the shoulders, white elbow length gloves, and a full skirt. Across the bodice and skirt are white dots and a floral design. It says a short evening dress in a Martin and Savage velvet made with Courtaulds rayon.
Join Us On Facebook
- S.O.S. Give Your Memories Of Hull’s Co-Op BHS and 3 Ships Mural to SAVE OUR SHIPS!
- Retail History: We Remember Edwin Davis on Bond Street Hull
- Fashion History: Modelling in Hull between 1930s and 1950s and Modelling Today
- Designing History: Sandy Powell’s Costumes and Material Culture in The Favourite
- If Walls Could Talk – 114 Coltman Street Tells Us The Story of Hull’s Charitable Past
- 1969 Bunty Annual: The Story of Dressmaking and Sewing In the Classroom
- Sew Retro: Princess Eugenie’s Wedding Dress Something Borrowed From The 1950s in Inspiration
- Review: BBC2s Back In Time for the Factory Returns To Womens Working Life in 1968
Fashion Illustration: 1951 Mirelle Dress